Saturday, February 2, 2013

" In What Year Did Muhammad Return To Mecca? "


By Sodium

Please notice that the above title, " In What Year Did Muhammad Return To Mecca? ", has been deliberately put between quotations to convey to the readers that it is not my own question, but a question that was raised by somebody else. Who has raised it?, I have no idea. It has attracted my attention as I reviewed the readership entries of the section provided by Google, under the label, " Traffic Sources " which is really a very helpful tool to provide persons like myself, with an idea as to what essays were of interest to readers of this website. Therefore, whoever raised the above question, he or she was, most likely, trying to address the question to me but, somehow, could not reach me. As a result, I have felt that it is incumbent upon me to extend a helping hand to that reader, whoever he or she might have been:

I will answer the above question as part of a series of questions that are also of great deal of interest to all adherents to Islam. Such questions and their answers can be summed up as follows:

Question: In what year The Prophet Muhammad was born ?
Answer: He was born in 570 AD.

Question: In what year The Prophet Muhammad was visited by Angel Gabriel and received the revelation from God ?
Answer: He was visited by Angel Gabriel and received the revelation from God in 610 AD. He was 40 year old.

Question: In what year The Prophet Muhammad migrated from the city of Mecca to the City of Yathrib,(Medina now) ?
Answer: He migrated from Mecca to Medina in 622 AD.

QUESTION: " IN WHAT YEAR DID MUHAMMAD RETURN TO MECCA ? " THIS IS THE QUESTION RAISED BY THE READER WHOM I HAVE NO IDEA WHO HE OR SHE WAS.
ANSWER: SOME HISTORICAL RECORDS SAY THAT HE RETURNED TO MECCA IN 632 AD, WHILE OTHER RECORDS SAY THAT HE RETURNED TO MECCA IN 629 AD. WHICH ONE IS MORE ACCURATE, I PERSONALLY REFRAIN FROM AGREEING WITH EITHER RECORDS,  BECAUSE I REALLY DO NOT KNOW. THE POINT TO REMEMBER IS THIS: AFTER HIS LAST FAREWELL PILGRIMAGE TO MECCA, HE RETURNED TO MEDINA AND BECAME VERY ILL AND DIED SHORTLY IN MEDINA. HE WAS BURIED IN MEDINA. THE VISIT TO HIS GRAVE IN MEDINA HAS BECOME A TRADITION BY PILGRIMS SINCE HIS DEATH.

Question: How old was the Prophet Muhammad when he died ?
Answer: All records I have reviewed, so far, say that he was 63 year old when he died.

END. 

No comments:

Post a Comment